Therapist, LPC, LCSW, LMFT or Psychologist in Private Practice
Women’s Therapy Institute is a rapidly growing private practice in Palo Alto, helping women and girls thrive. We stand up for what is right; to empower women and girls to live the lives they choose.
We are currently expanding to meet the growing needs of the communities we serve. We have an opening for an Licensed Clinician for week days and/or evenings to provide assessment and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, and groups. This position is suitable for someone who loves client care and the flexibility of private practice, minus the paperwork and business admin headaches.
** Don’t let the name “Women’s Therapy Institute” discourage you. Male or gender non-conforming therapists are absolutely encouraged to apply!
The ideal candidate:
- Currently a California licensed clinical psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC);
- At least 3 years post-licensed;
- Has a strong foundation and training in evidence-based therapy such as CBT, DBT, Brief Therapy, Solution-Focused, Couples Counseling, etc.;
- Up to date in HIPAA and ethics trainings/CEUs;
- Able to use technology such as EHR, G Suite, Slack, video conferencing, etc.
- Held roles in leadership previously is a plus;
- Experienced working with the military and male population is a plus;
- Has a good humor;
- Able to work independently in a collaborative environment;
- Adjusts and learns quickly;
- Has good organizational and time management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Has current and valid malpractice insurance up to $3,000,000 coverage;
- Fluency in other languages is a plus;
- Conducts assessments and treatment plans;
- Provides counseling to adults, and or their families;
- Input adequate case notes (BIRP or SOAP) for client case files in a timely manner;
- Develops and participates in group programs;
- Cooperates with other team members and/or with other health providers outside of Women’s Therapy Institute in carrying out adequate treatment plans;
- Conduct educational sessions, workshops and training events, as appropriate;
- Communicate with clients and staff via email or by phone within 24-48 business hours.
- Scheduling clients in EHR.
- Ongoing training and professional development;
- CEU Stipend;
- Licensure fee reimbursement;
- Malpractice insurance coverage;
- Highly motivated, and appreciative clients
- Supportive, multidisciplinary, high-achieving, fun, and professional team
- Focus on clients without much marketing and business admin tasks
- Flexible vacation time
- Amazing administrative team
- Regular consultation and support
- Sick leave;
- Bonus pay;
Competitive compensation. This position is for 10-15 hours/week part-time.
To apply, please include a cover letter that highlights your professional stories as well as your resume.
Thank you. We look forward to connecting with you!
Women’s Therapy Institute is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $60.00 to $85.00 /hour