Women’s Therapy Institute is a rapidly growing private practice in Palo Alto, helping women and girls thrive. We stand up for what is right; to empower women and girls to live the lives they choose.
We are currently expanding to meet the growing needs of the communities we serve. We have an opening for an Associate Clinician for week days and/or evenings to provide assessment and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, and groups. This position is suitable for someone who loves client care and the flexibility of private practice, minus the paperwork and business admin headaches.
The ideal candidate is someone who….
- Is currently a California licensed clinical psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC);
- Has a strong foundation and training in evidence-based therapy such as CBT, DBT, Brief Therapy, Couples Counseling, etc.;
- Understands the HIPAA requirements for mental health records and maintains appropriate documentation;
- Has good organizational and time management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Has a good humor;
- Has current and valid malpractice insurance (up to $3,000,000 coverage);
- Fluency in other languages is a plus;
- Male clinicians welcome!
- Conducts assessment of presenting issues and in the making of treatment plans;
- Provides psychotherapy to adults, adolescents, and or their families;
- Input adequate case notes (BIRP or SOAP) for client case files;
- Develops and participates in group therapy programs;
- Cooperates with other team members and/or with other health providers outside of Women’s Therapy Institute in carrying out adequate treatment plans;
- Conduct educational sessions, workshops and training events, as appropriate;
- Attend group consultations 1-2 times a month (optional);
- Communicate with clients via email or by phone within 24-48 business hours.
- Scheduling clients in EHR.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: hiring(at)womenstherapyinstitute.com with ‘Associate Clinician’ as the subject. Please specify whether you are applying for weekday or evening position.
Thank you. We look forward to connecting with you!
Job Type: Contract (1099 Status)